Do I have to book to attend a class? How does it work?
Yes, but classes will work on an allocation basis. You must fill in the registration form sent to you through the mailer.
In line with Students’ Union restrictions, we are required to keep records of attendees for track-and-trace purposes, so we will be allocating classes to participants (instead of the usual booking, which will go on as usual for online classes).
You cannot book in-person classes on your own accord yet, but hopefully we will change this with time!
You will then receive an email with the class dates you have been allocated to! The teacher will be provided with a name list of allocated attendees and will not allow anyone else in (exceptions below!).
What do I do if I can no longer attend a class?
If you can no longer attend a class you previously booked, please go to our official Booking exchange group on Facebook and offer your spot to someone else.
Your Facebook post should ALWAYS include the following:
- Date and time of the class
- Teacher of the class
- Your full name
Please offer your spot to the group at least 3 hours before the start time of class to give other students the chance to take up your spot and make it in time.
The first person to comment on your post will receive your spot.
What do I do if I am taking someone’s spot?
You must comment on someone’s Booking Exchange post with the following:
- Explicit statement that you’ll be taking their spot (e.g. “I’ll take it!” or “I’d love to take your spot”)
- Your full name.
You must then show or bring a screenshot of the post with your comment to the class and show the teacher.
Teachers will have a list of allocated attendees and will not allow anyone else in, unless you have brought proof of exchange showing that you have taken the place of someone on the name list.
Are there any class procedures we need to follow?
Yes, please refer to the following:
- Social distancing of 2 metres must be observed, i.e. Yoga mats must be spaced 2 metres away from each other.
- All participants must use hand sanitiser or wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds before and after activities.
Do we have to wear face masks during the class?
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged for all participants, especially for Beginner-level classes.
- They are a requirement if mats cannot be spaced 2 metres apart.
- Reasons to not wear a face covering include:
- If you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering.
- If putting on, wearing, or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress.
- If you are with, or providing assistance to, someone who relies on lip reading to communicate.
- If you need to eat, drink, or take medication.